Binance, the world’s largest digital assets company, has launched “Build The Block,” a new global digital series in which Web3 startups compete for funding from its VC arm, Binance Labs. Binance is hosting the first-ever investment competition for the metaverse with the launch of “Build The Block. Asia’s Got Talent host Justin Bratton will be hosting this event.
Many entrepreneurs and developers have participated in the program to present their Web3 projects, and we Binance believes that providing such an avenue will inspire even more people to think outside the box. There will be 12 projects vying for the top prize, all trying to win over the audience and the judges in person.
The judges include Robby Yung, CEO of Animoca Brands and partner at Animoca Capital; Azeem Khan, member of the World Economic Forum’s Crypto Sustainability Coalition and fundraising and partnership lead at Gitcoin; Guy Turner, co-founder of Coin Bureau; and Yi He, co-founder and chief marketing officer of Binance and head of Binance Labs.
Binance is collaborating with Build Lifeform, the industry leader in Web3 virtual human avatar technology, in the creation of The Block. The show is produced entirely in the metaverse with the use of virtual cameras and unique avatars by Binance Studio, Binance’s in-house Web3 global creative company.
Introducing the projects
The participating projects include:
- Mind Network: The project helps secure all user data, smart contracts, and AI on Web3. It employs a comprehensive encryption network built on a proprietary Adaptive Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE) technology.
- Sandbags Protocol is a platform that lets organisations proactively protect their on-chain assets without disrupting their operations.
- Hana is a privacy-focused Layer 0 protocol that adds a layer of protection and anonymity to any blockchain. It enables private payments in apps and businesses by providing trustless interoperability via a multi-asset zk-UTXO (Zero-Knowledge Unspent Transaction Output).
- The Harvest is a third-person Hero Shooter that emphasises teamwork, freedom of movement, and special skills for its players. Players are encouraged to experiment with various combinations of web2 and web3 goods to find what works best for them in the game.
- Kryptoskatt: By providing a unified platform for accounting, portfolio management, and tax reporting, Kryptoskatt simplifies Web3 finance for clients around the world. It provides support for more than 2,000 different DeFi protocols, 100 different wallets, and 50 different blockchains.
- Wallet Guard is a web3 security extension that helps you feel safe about all of your financial dealings by protecting you from wallet drainers and phishing attempts.
- PIP, is a Web3 payment firm with an eye on advancing the rapid, worldwide adoption of micropayments. Social Payments, Web 3 Identity, Payment Button, and Payment Link are just few of the innovative payment options they offer.
- Notebook Labs: Notebook Labs a platform that incorporates Zero-Knowledge proofs into DeFi protocols’ smart contract level in order to implement fully compliant Know-Your-Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) infrastructure.
- zkPass is a Zero-knowledge Proof (ZKP) and Multi-party Computation (MPC)-based identity system that may be combined to protect users’ anonymity.
- DappOS: DappOS is a company working on an operating protocol for Web3 apps with the goal of making them more accessible.
- “Bracket Labs” BracketX.fi, developed by Bracket Labs, allows users to take advantage of market volatility in both ranging and trending conditions with minimal delay.